Make this crispy spiced Indian Chicken that was featured on the "Indian Grill" episode of Spice Goddess.
Preparation Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
Nutrient values per serving
Energy: 193 Calories
Protein: 26 g
Fat: 6 g
Carbohydrates: 7 g
Sugar: 5 g
Fibre: 1 g
Sodium: 170 mg
2 tablespoons dried fenugreek leaves
1 tablespoon garam masala
1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon cayenne peppercorns
1 cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 chicken legs, split into thighs and drums (skinless)
1. Combine the fenugreek, garam masala, sugar, garlic, cardamom, peppercorns, salt, yogurt, and tomato paste in a large bowl and mix well; set aside 1/4 cup of the marinade for basting.
2. Add the chicken thighs and drums and coat well.
3. Cover the bowl and let marinate in the fridge for 45 minutes to 4 hours.
4. When ready to cook, preheat a grill to medium-high. Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and place on the hot grill.
5. Basting regularly with the reserved marinade, cook until the chicken is done and juices run clear, about 35 to 40 minutes.
Recipe Source: Spiced Indian Grilled Chicken by Bal Arneson